Monday, December 12, 2011

Nov. 4-5 Class Meeting

I was somewhat surprised by the listening activity that we did during this class meeting.  I know at times it felt a little hard to listen to everything that the other person was saying, because usually, we always want to respond to them right away.  However, I felt that this activity was not too difficult for me, since I am a counselor, I am used to listening way more than speaking.  Confirming with body language to the other person that I am listening comes very easily for me.  This exercise forced us to really pay attention to what was being said and to wait until the very end to ask questions.  This is crucial because oftentimes in scenarios at school, we need to listen to each aspect of a situation before we can act in a professional manner. 
The other activity where we all got into a group circle with our guest leaders was also beneficial.  It was great to hear other group members ideas’ from other districts who I had the pleasure of meeting.  One uncomfortable area that my group members experienced was that after they had shared a story or idea, the group leader was not giving any confirmation or feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment