Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Reflection on Course

Although this class took place more online than in person, I feel that I still learned a great amount of valuable information that will benefit me in the future as an educational leader.  Providing great classroom speakers during our class meetings was a very good way of teaching us all of those aspects that we will encounter throughout our career. 
            I personally enjoyed my mock interview with Mark Sutten, Superintendent of Selma Unified.  We had a very meaningful meeting in which he discussed five certain areas that interviewers will focus on in the future during an actual interview.  Among these were the topics of curriculum and instruction, leadership styles, and the importance of relationships.
            Lastly, I believe the assignments that were required in this class prepared me for a position in educational leadership.  The assignments required us to meet with our principal regularly and to have meaningful discussions regarding the day-to-day duties that principals experience on a daily basis.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post. I am glad to hear you had a good experience with your mock interview. I also had a great experience. Good luck to you and your future as a leader. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're please that the course was helpful. I know you are working on the C&I part. You have strong leadership skills already and are learning the rest quickly!

    Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care Corina. I hope we continue to run into each other in the future. I just figured out you must have been at WAMS when I worked in the office. Now I'm sad!

    ReplyDelete