Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Reflection on Assignments

The Professional Growth Plan helped me to reflect on my strengths and weaknesses and how those can be contributed to attaining an educational goal.  Throughout this program, I felt that I experienced some difficulty and challenges due to not having a teaching background or possessing a teaching credential.  However, after meeting with my principal and discussing my concerns, it was easier for me to decide on what improvements I need to make within myself, and what areas I know require much more knowledge.  Completing this plan provided me with an opportunity to brainstorm various ideas on how I can gain the knowledge needed in the areas of curriculum, instruction, and PLC’s. 
            The capstone assignment also provided me with a chance to view my elementary school site from various positions and to determine what specific actions need to be completed in order to achieve academic success at our campus.  Being an effective educational leader means knowing in depth all of the information regarding best practices, best techniques, and being capable of analyzing student data to discuss what changes, if any, need to be in effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment